The Vultures traveled to the Central Oregon hamlet of Prineville for the Butte Scoot Boogie, Round 2 of the OICL race series. Uncertainty around AQI levels dominated the week leading up to the race, but our first storm of the year washed away smokey skies and graced racers with perfect fall weather.
The course was rocky, dry, and dusty – in contrast to the roots and coastal forest last week in Newport. Racing was tight, with several close finishes including a spectator-favorite sprint finish in the Sophomore boys category ending with Vulture Ossie Dunn taking his 2nd win of the season.
After the race, many riders enjoyed the Prineville Bike Park, Mt Bachelor (a little foreshadowing for Round 3!) and Bend trails. All in all it was a great weekend for the 24 Vultures and families who made the trek.
Congrats to our race winners:
- Dylan Kuhl, 8th Grade Boys
- Jade Savage, 8th Grade Girls
- Ossie Dunn, Sophomore Boys
- Jade Rhode, Varsity Boys
Congrats to our podium finishers:
- Porter Younkin, 6th Grade Boys 3rd
- Rye Rilling, 6th Grade Boys 5th
- Tahvo Hansen, 8th Grade Boys 5th
- Teagan Filoon, Freshmen Girls 3rd
- Isa Culver, Freshmen Girls 4th
- Claudia Stadtmeuller, 8th Grade Girls 4th